Considered a plain but elegant treat at lunchtime or dinnertime, mint brownies remind us well of those mint chocolates present under the pillows which the housekeeping prepares at luxury hotels.This minty recipe was taken from Pillsbury Best Cookies Cookbook.To make this thoughtful chef recipe and wonderful chocolate brownie recipe present for neighbors, friends and family, you would need all purpose flour, eggs, pure vanilla extract, granulated sugar, unsweetened chocolate and butter for the brownies. To make a delicious topping only chocolate shavings are needed. To create an appetizing filling you would only need eggs, a bit of green food coloring, granulated sugar, mint extract, and cream cheese. When you feel like having some unique brownies, pick this gourmet treat recipe that is layered with mint. This especially goes perfectly well with mint tea or green tea. For a more exciting treat, top this over vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, pistachio ice cream or mint ice cream.
For the Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
For the Brownies:
1 cup butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
For the Topping:
2 oz. chocolate, shaved
1. The oven is preheated to 350 ⁰F. Then a 13 by 9 in. baking dish is greased and floured; set aside.
2. In the mixer’s bowl, ¼ cup sugar and cream cheese are beaten until smooth. Afterwhich the food coloring, mint extract and 1 egg are added and beaten as well until they are mixed well altogether.
3. With the use of very low heat, the 4 oz chocolate and butter are then placed into a big saucepan. They are then stirred constantly till the chocolate melts.
4. Afterwhich the pan is then removed from the stove and cooled mildly for 10-15 minutes.
5. The rest of the eggs are then beaten one after the other. After the flour is added and blended well, the mixture is then spread into the baking dish at the bottom. The filling is then poured over this. A marbleized effect can then be created with the use of a butter knife that is being dragged through the two layers.
6. It is then baked for 45-50 minutes or till a tooth pick which is inserted in the middle comes out dry.
7. The top is then sprinkled with chocolate shavings.
8. Serve it then after completely cooling it.