Basically speaking, rabri is a dish that refers to chilled sweet reduced milk served with different dried fruits. For this recipe, you will need full cream milk, white sugar, cardamom pods, almonds, pistachios, and saffron threads. You may soak the saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of milk ahead of time. Nowadays, a number of variations are added to it such as almond rabri or kesar rabri. Depending on your preference, you may create a new variation of this classic dish and you can even add this to you list of easy dessert recipes.
1 liter - full cream milk
200gms white sugar
3 pods - cardamom
8-10 - almonds, blanched, cut finely
4-5 - pistachios, skinned, cut finely
10 to 15 threads – saffron, soak it in 2 tablespoon of milk
1. Typically, rabri is made using an earthen pot. If you don’t have this at home, you may use a thick-bottom pan instead.
2. Over high flame, mix milk and sugar until it boils. Stir continuously.
3. Lower the heat to low flame. Allow the mixture to reduce to half. Make sure to stir occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom and sides of the pan.
4. When done, mix in dried fruits and saffron milk. Stir well. Refrigerate. Serve cold.
5. You may also store rabri for a long time as it is just a basic reduced milk recipe. Apart from being tasty, it is very healthy.