Well, most people who discovered the healthy benefits of quinoa are substituting it to rice. Like in this certain recipe, unlike the normal rice pudding, we will, today, make a quinoa pudding.
Quinoa is also packed with nutrients and rich in protein so it is perfect for those who are in a low-carbohydrate diet. The flavor of quinoa is like brown rice, a bit nutty, but with a texture like oatmeal, soft and fluffy. This makes it perfect for making pudding.
I assure you that this recipe will only take about 40 minutes of your time or less. It's a healthy recipe that one must know.
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine water and cleaned quinoa. Boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low, cover saucepan and continue simmering about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine together the milk, brown sugar, bananas and salt, blend using a blender or a food processor until smooth. Then pour in milk mixture in the saucepan with quinoa.
- Put saucepan back over medium heat. Continue cooking, 5-15 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes creamy, stirring occasionally. When done, remove from heat, blend in butter and vanilla extract. Serve warm.